Saturday, August 20, 2005

Stick with the Good Ones


I remember when this picture was taken. Those were fun times with my brother-in-law (goofy guy), with my niece (goofy kid), my sissy (goofy girl), my brother and Darren (behind the scene goofies). Like I said, they were fun times.


Let me take you to the Big Island Hawaii, home of the tallest (not highest because it starts deeper in the ocean) volcano in the world, which provides astronomers the best unobstructed peak to mount HUGE telescopes to stargaze. Why is it unobstructed? Because at night (sometimes during the day), it sits on top of the clouds...

Milestones:
1. My sister had a recommitment of vows. It was my first time to attend a family wedding since being in the US. I met, for the first time, my funny (read: goofy) brother-in-law, who is head over heels with my sissy.
2. My brother, niece and mom were there too. We missed my dad but enjoyed being together in one place after 7 years.
3. It was Darren's and my 7th year wedding anniversary.
4. We had four generation of women in my mom's line there - Grandma, Mom, Me/Sissy, Niece.
5. My aunt and uncle from Germany, my aunt from San Diego, and my cousin's family from Oahu were all there as well.

I could not possibly write about all the fun times... Suffice it to say, they were good times.

The picture was taken at the Luau we attended. We haven't eaten at this point (That's not the reason for the faces). We had a few drinks. (Well, ONE! So that's not the reason either.) My niece's drink was spiked (NOT!!! So that's not it). We found out we were eating a pig that was burried underground (But we already knew it would be good so it's not the reason). I got the camera and told them "smile!!!" and this is the best they could do!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

1 Comments:

At Thu Aug 25, 08:59:00 PM CDT, Blogger BlogChik said...

bro-in-law, u have an admirer!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home