Monday, January 02, 2006

Ending 2005




The end of 2005 was filled with so many worries - how my work projects are coming along, how my renovations are NOT coming along quickly enough, how the party was coming together, perfect gifts, perfect outfits, some hurts and a few more self-absorbed issues that filled my head.


Then my friend sent me pictures of his trip to Nepal. I saw faces... life... people...

I picked up the calendar the church gave out (as it does every year). It showed pictures and talked about India, South Africa, Philippines, Australia, Austria, Mexico, Croatia, Romania, Ireland, the Muslim Nations, China, and finally Dallas. I saw culture, faces, people...

I realized, this is the heart of God.

All my worries became nothing but distrations. And because of these trivial distractions, I've risked what most mattered to me - my relationship with God, my relationship with my husband and family, and my work...

The mistakes I've made are too many to count. The hurts I caused, too deep to understand. Thank God His grace is more than sufficient to cover them all. I don't deserve one bit of it, not even a smidgen. And so, for 2006 my prayer is that God will continue to remind me to have a heart that's grateful...

Ps 139


(Pic courtesy of Ricky Aguas)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home