Thursday, January 26, 2006

Why blog?


Someone asked why I blog. He thought it's like having a diary for everyone to read. I suppose that would be true if I blog about things I would write IF I have a diary - which, of course, I do NOT have.

What I DO have is a journal...

When I was little, I played on the streets with other girls. Now I hang out with the ladies.

Not too many years ago, I liked everything in hot pink and purple. Now, my wall could be sea foam, while my dress just basic black. (And yes, I did say not too many years ago!)

Like the rest of me, the elementary entries on my diary metamorphosed into more abstruse reflections of the deepest recesses of my soul inked onto my JOURNAL.
.......


Naaahhh... Who am I kidding?!!! My "journal" is really nothing more but a grown-up diary. This is where I record my dreams, my hopes, my prayers, my praises, my gratitude, my joys, my sorrows and my reflections of my life.

So why blog if I already have a journal? Did you know that most women use 3 TIMES as many words as most men do? I say most because I seem to be married to one man who can out-talk most women. And I wish I could say I was kidding. (But I'm crazy about him!) So I blog...

I blog about things that are important to me; things that I hope might matter to someone who happen to read my blog; things that might encourage someone; stuff that might make someone laugh... and I dream that someday what I write might inspire and challenge someone. That's why I blog...

Why not give it a shot?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home