Wednesday, February 01, 2006

A Good Friend...


Awesome friends are great to have. They visit you from the other side of the globe. Some do it quickly, others take a while, but they all do it in style...

When this good friend of mine told me he may be coming to the US, I had to insist (more like plead) he visit me. That's what triggered this blog post. It's practically unforgivable for him not to. I am, after all, bribing him with loads of tiny little cars...

All my friends are irreplaceable and this guy is no exception.

I first met him when he was new to the company. Rumor was we hired a pack of newbies from 2 rival schools. Was he a was a rival or one of the friendlies? As it turned out, he went to the better of the two schools (as I did, of course). But all I said to him was, "Well, you must be smart then". As expected, he looked at me like "huh?!" and dismissed me as crazy.

Who knows how and why we became friends? I certainly don't. For one thing, I was never late... (I said WAS!) while he has been known to run late especially for flights (even though he was part of the wedding party)! Come to think of it though, our conversations do somehow tend to be around food, shopping or cars. hmmm...

He has been like a brother to me and no other friend has ever looked out for me like one. It almost seem like God sent him to sub for my bro who left for California to work. He knows most of my stupid mistakes and was there to tell me I was still terrific, "let's go have Choco Loco at the Penn". Now, ice cream at the Penn can cheer up any girl, lady or woman - heaping scoops of chocolate ice cream drenched with chocolate fudge and whipped cream. He tolerates my need for ice cream even we all go out for happy hour or even jazz bar.

I tried to find a friend like him here in Texas. As it turns out, there is only one Gary on earth.

Now he is a husband to an absolutely lovely woman (he's such a lucky dawg!), and a dad to a very cute and smart little four year old (well, not too little for his age). And if he doesn't come visit... well, let's just say it might trigger a different kind of post...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home