Unanswered Prayers...

Have you ever felt your prayers are not reaching God? Or that maybe they reach Him but He just ignores them... I have.
The Bible says, our confidence in approaching God is that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He does then we also know that we have whatever we ask (1Jn5:14). It also promises that if we believe, we will receive whatever we ask for in prayer (Mt21:22).
So if we know that what we are praying for lines up with God's will, where then is our answer?
Have you ever expected a package by mail - whether you ordered it or someone sent it to you? When you did, did you sit by the window or stand by the door waiting for signs of a Fedex or UPS truck? Or did you run out to the porch every 15 minutes to check if the package already arrived?
No? Me neither. I just knew its coming because they said so.
So why do have more faith in Fedex or UPS than in God? I don't know either. I have so many reasons - none of them valid if I would consider my faith true.
A friend of mine said we don't always know what our prayers prevented. I guess it follows that we don't always know what blessings they send either. Sometimes I don't even recognize God's answer to my prayers until much later.
One thing I know, God is concerned about me - wherever I am, whatever I do. I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I am the apple of God's eye. AND SO ARE YOU!!!
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD..." (Jer29:11)
So do I ever feel like God does not hear my prayers? Sure. But "faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." (Heb11:1) And my peace comes from God.
(Pic fr Anonymous source received via email)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home