Happy Easter

When I moved to the US, I immediately noticed small wooden crosses and flowers decorating the side of some roads. I later learned that these are memorials for those who lost their lives on those spots.
Every Holy Week, we put out a plain white cross on our lawn. On Easter, we turn the cross around to show "He is Risen!".
Today, when we got home from church, we were pleasantly surprised by an anonymous gift of a pot of purple calla lillies by our lawn cross.
Unlike the crosses by the roads which evoke in me a sense of sadness, the empty cross of Jesus Christ evokes hope of a new life. It offers peace that can only come from being right with God. It bids us to understand and receive the grace from the Most High through Jesus Christ that we may forever be reconciled with Him. It beckons us to open our hearts to a love so pure that it was poured out while we were still sinners; A love so bountiful that it is new and fresh every morning; A love so willing that even though our sins are like crimson, they will be like wool; A love so strong that it sent the only one man who can redeem us to the cross - His own Son; A love so beautiful though often so misunderstood; A love so generous but often unrequited.
Christianity is not about laws or punishment. Christianity is about God's demonstration of His love for you and me.
Next time we see a cross, Let us remember to ask God to help us see His love for us.
Jer 29:11-14a "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home