Thursday, September 06, 2007

Is it the Journey or the Destination?


Some say it doesn't matter how you get to where you're going as long as you get there. Some say it's all about the journey.

When God, through Moses, brought His people out of their bondage from Egypt, He said ".... I will free you from being slaves to them, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with mighty acts of judgment. I will take you as my own people, and I will be your God.... And I will bring you to the land I swore with uplifted hand to give to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob. I will give it to you as a possession. I am the Lord."

He did not just set them free. He set them free for a purpose.

We know Christianity is about getting to heaven because after all, that is why Jesus died for us. But if this is all we think of Christianity, then we definitely missed the point.

Jesus set us free from sin not just so we can be with Him in heaven but also so we can claim our promise land. Jesus conquered death, so we can live a life that is full of hope and promise. We get to walk out our purposeful destiny. Each of us is called to do something beyond ourselves. Something that would impact generations to come; something that would leave a legacy; something that would satisfy our deepest need to affect this world we live in.

Is Christianity the destination? Or is it the journey?

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11

7 Comments:

At Wed Sep 12, 12:06:00 AM CDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fluffy, definitely chik material! :) Where's the "blog dood" when you need him. How bout some sin, hell, and judgment talk on here? I mean real fear of God type stuff... Clearly, I'm not one to offend, but keep in mind that cotton cannot sharpen iron. It sure does make that sword shiny and purty though, huh? hehe...

 
At Thu Sep 13, 08:36:00 AM CDT, Blogger Steve Foss said...

Great post. I guess Solomon was right on when he said there is a time for war and a time for peace. I guess those who are looking for swords won't be content with the peace of cotton candy. After all, did

 
At Thu Sep 13, 08:39:00 AM CDT, Blogger Steve Foss said...

Great post. I guess Solomon was right on when he said there is a time for war and a time for peace. I guess those who are looking for swords won't be content with the peace of cotton candy. After all, didn't the disciples of Jesus try to keep the kids away from him?

It is a breath of fresh air to see you posting again Mel. Keep 'em coming! Casting devils is cool. But even giving a cup of cold water in the Lord's name is worth of reward.

Dee: see you over at wherearethewarriors.blogspot.com

Ruth 2:12 to ya Mel,
Steve

 
At Fri Sep 14, 12:50:00 AM CDT, Blogger BlogChik said...

steve - thanks, steve! you know im a fan...

dee - hey u can be the blog dood. don't let me stand in your way.

 
At Wed Sep 26, 09:28:00 PM CDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wrong. I mean really, who doesn't like cotton candy?

 
At Wed Sep 26, 09:54:00 PM CDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great post. Very encouraging.

 
At Thu Sep 27, 07:53:00 AM CDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great insight. Truly very encouraging.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home